Love Language Minute ~ Tidbits I Wish I'd Known Part 2 ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, Sept. 18, "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2" by Gary Chapman
Tidbits I Wish I'd Known: Part 2
With the release of Gary's new book Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married, we the publisher would like to share with you part two of the insightful excerpts from each chapter. These tidbits of wisdom have been gained over a lifetime of Gary's professional, as well as personal experience. We hope you enjoy this sneak peak into the book. Visit thingsiwishbook.com for more information, videos, and while your there go ahead and download chapter 1! Publisher"
Chapter 7: Toilets are not self-cleaning
- "In the home in which I grew up, the toilet was never dirty. It never crossed my mind that someone was cleaning it."
- "Confusion over roles is one of the most stressful aspects of contemporary marriages."
Chapter 8: We needed a plan for handling our money
- "We had very different ideas about what to purchase and when. With no plan in place, finances became what it becomes for many couples-a battlefield."
- "The plan I share in the rest of this chapter is a simple one of money management that has helped thousands of couples avoid financial warfare."
- "I was fully male; she was fully female and we had a high level of sexual attraction for each other. What more could we need?"
- "Communication is the key that unlocks sexual fulfillment. In a culture saturated with explicit sex talk, I am amazed at the couples who enter my counseling office who have never learned to talk about this part of their marriage."
- "When you marry, you become part of an extended family. Your relationship may be distant or close, positive or negative, but you will have a relationship because you are marrying into a family."
- "One of the first issues that will likely demand your attention is holidays. At the top of the list will be Christmas."
Chapter 11: Spirituality is not to be equated with "going to church"
- " . . . mankind is incurably religious. There are no cultures that have not developed a system of beliefs about the non-material world. . . . these religious beliefs greatly influence the behavior of those who believe them."
- "When couples contemplate marriage, religion needs to be near the top of the list in matters that need to be discussed."
- "If Karolyn and I had known that I was a morning person and she was a night person, and if we had used our dating time to discuss this personality difference, we would have saved ourselves a lot of emotional pain."
- "Few things will better prepare you for the inevitable conflicts in marriage like understanding each other's personality patterns."
September, Saturday 18, 2010
"Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2"
Building Relationships Radio
If you're engaged, dating, newly married, or know someone who is, you won't want to miss this episode of Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman. Gary's new book that's just out is titled Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married. Most people spend more time on the wedding ceremony than preparing for their marriage. However, your wedding is just the beginning! This encouraging broadcast will help you commit for a life-long love.