Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

''I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge—'' Romans 16:4-5 ESV


Thanksgiving

EASTER ~ JESUS

EASTER ~ JESUS ~ HE IS RISEN

GOOD FRIDAY

COMMUNION SERVICE

PALM SUNDAY HOSANNA TO THE KING

HOLY WEEK: Sunday, April 13, 2014 ~ Sunday, April 20, 2014


EASTER ~ JESUS

Series: Fighting For Your Family

Series: Fighting For Your Family
Click Image. Let the Children Come to Me ~ Series: Fighting For Your Family ~ Part Six ~ Children, God’s Special Gift. Matthew 18:1-6; Ephesians 6:1-4 ESV. Image: Children Silhouette.

Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday

Primitive Baptists

Biblical Inspiration and Biblical Inspiration 1

There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love Language Minute ~ Tidbits I Wish I'd Known Part 2 ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, Sept. 18, "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2" by Gary Chapman



Dr. Gary Chapman


Love Language Minute ~ Tidbits I Wish I'd Known Part 2 ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, Sept. 18, "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2" by Gary Chapman


Tidbits I Wish I'd Known: Part 2


With the release of Gary's new book Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married, we the publisher would like to share with you part two of the insightful excerpts from each chapter. These tidbits of wisdom have been gained over a lifetime of Gary's professional, as well as personal experience. We hope you enjoy this sneak peak into the book. Visit thingsiwishbook.com for more information, videos, and while your there go ahead and download chapter 1! Publisher"


 Chapter 7:  Toilets are not self-cleaning
  •  "In the home in which I grew up, the toilet was never dirty. It never crossed my mind that someone was cleaning it."
  • "Confusion over roles is one of the most stressful aspects of contemporary marriages."

Chapter 8:  We needed a plan for handling our money  
  • "We had very different ideas about what to purchase and when. With no plan in place, finances became what it becomes for many couples-a battlefield."
  • "The plan I share in the rest of this chapter is a simple one of money management that has helped thousands of couples avoid financial warfare."

Chapter 9:  Mutual sexual fulfillment is not automatic  
  • "I was fully male; she was fully female and we had a high level of sexual attraction for each other.  What more could we need?"
  • "Communication is the key that unlocks sexual fulfillment. In a culture saturated with explicit sex talk, I am amazed at the couples who enter my counseling office who have never learned to talk about this part of their marriage."

Chapter 10:  I was marrying into a family  
  • "When you marry, you become part of an extended family. Your relationship may be distant or close, positive or negative, but you will have a relationship because you are marrying into a family."
  • "One of the first issues that will likely demand your attention is holidays.  At the top of the list will be Christmas."

Chapter 11: Spirituality is not to be equated with "going to church"
  • " . . . mankind is incurably religious. There are no cultures that have not developed a system of beliefs about the non-material world.   . . . these religious beliefs greatly influence the behavior of those who believe them."

  • "When couples contemplate marriage, religion needs to be near the top of the list in matters that need to be discussed."

Chapter 12:  Personality profoundly influences behavior
  • "If Karolyn and I had known that I was a morning person and she was a night person, and if we had used our dating time to discuss this personality difference, we would have saved ourselves a lot of emotional pain."
  • "Few things will better prepare you for the inevitable conflicts in marriage like understanding each other's personality patterns."

    Adapted from Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.




    Building Relationships Radio
    September, Saturday 18, 2010
    "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2"

    Building Relationships
    With
    Dr. Gary Chapman

    Co-host
    Chris and Andrea Fabry




    September, Saturday 18, 2010
    "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married: Part 2"
    Building Relationships Radio



    If you're engaged, dating, newly married, or know someone who is, you won't want to miss this episode of Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman. Gary's new book that's just out is titled Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married. Most people spend more time on the wedding ceremony than preparing for their marriage. However, your wedding is just the beginning! This encouraging broadcast will help you commit for a life-long love.



    Tune in to Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, the weekly radio broadcast brought to you by Moody Radio and Moody Publishers. Listen live online Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. CST at moodyradio.org, check your local radio station, or download free podcasts and get more information.

    View an archive of past emails