"Is there hope to overcome common marriage challenges?"
Build Healthy Relationships With One Another
Love Language Minute ~ Love Language ~ May I Have Your Attention, Please ~ Quality Time ~ Let's Talk ~ Are You Listening? ~ Communication 101 ~ Giving Love on Valentine's Day
- The driver behind me was riding my bumper. I felt angry.
- The gas pump did not give me a receipt. I felt irritated.
- My work associate came in 20 minutes late. I felt resentment.
- I was told my project is due in 3 days. I feel frustrated and anxious.
Adapted from the A Love Language Minute broadcast.
SAMPLE IT >>
Check the Foundation Before You Get Married
Would you like some guidelines for helping you decide whom you marry?
The Scriptures say that when we get married, the husband and wife become ‘one’. The word speaks of deep intimacy. If we’re going to have that kind of marriage, then we need a strong foundation on which to build. That foundation consists of the things you hold in common. Here are a few questions to consider before you marry:
- Spiritual Unity: Are you marching to the beat of the same drummer? If not, in marriage you will be ‘out of step’ with your spouse spiritually.
- Intellectual Compatibility: Can you carry on conversations about intellectual matters without arguing?
- Values: Do you value the same things?
- Socially Compatible: Are you on the same page socially?