Your Mother, Your Gift ~ Timothy, His Mother Eunice and Grandmother Lois


Lois and Eunice teach Timothy from the Scriptures (by William James Webbe, c. 1893).


Timothy
His Mother Eunice and Grandmother Lois


Your Mother, Your Gift




2 Timothy 1 ESV
Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You
Timothy


4 As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.



Acts 16 ESV
Timothy Joins Paul and Silas

1 Paul came also to Derbe and to Lystra. A disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer, but his father was a Greek. 2 He was well spoken of by the brothers at Lystra and Iconium. 3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. 4 As they went on their way through the cities, they delivered to them for observance the decisions that had been reached by the apostles and elders who were in Jerusalem. 5 So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and they increased in numbers daily.
 

 
2 Timothy 3 ESV
All Scripture Is Breathed Out by God
 
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom[a] you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 


Philippians 2 ESV
Timothy and Epaphroditus

19 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I too may be cheered by news of you. 20 For I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. 21 For they all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. 22 But you know Timothy’s proven worth, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel. 23 I hope therefore to send him just as soon as I see how it will go with me, 24 and I trust in the Lord that shortly I myself will come also.
 

   
Your Mother, Your Gift
Moody Church Hour
Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer
Sunday, May 09, 2010


Where would any of us be without our mothers? To them we owe not only our lives, but the heritage they left for us to follow. For many, that heritage is a godly one, and those whose mothers gave such a heritage are blessed indeed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biblical Inspirational ~ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Series: THE GREATNESS OF CHRISTMAS

United States of America Flag ~ Independence Day - Happy 4th of July! The Birth of Our Nation